Oster 3874 Flip Non-Stick Belgian Waffle Maker is a very decent product that consistently bakes 1 inch thick Belgian waffles. It is very easy to use, sturdy and easy to clean. The flip function is very simple, yet it produces evenly cooked waffles every time. The non-stick griddles are also well made and although they’re not removable, we found them pretty easy to clean. Oster 3874 can compete with most of the , and definitely deserves mention as one of the best products at its price range.
- Bakes 1-inch thick Belgian waffles
- Nonstick waffle plates
- Even cooking with the flip function
- Indicator lights (power and ready)
- Adjustable temperature control
- Cool-touch handle
- Removable drip tray
- Durable chrome housing
- 14-4/5 by 6-1/2 inches
- Makes perfect Belgian waffles every time. The waffles are not only thick and light, but also crisp on the outside right as they should be
- It’s very easy to use and takes about 4 minutes to make a nice waffle from the moment you plug it in: 2 minutes for the initial warm-up and then 2 minutes for cooking
- The green ready light tells you exactly when the waffle is ready; this is especially handy for those without much experience as it eliminates all the guess work (by the way, if you want darkened waffles, you can leave the machine on for a few more seconds, and that’s it)
- The non-stick griddles are really non-stick, just make sure you don’t pour oil on them (as it can make a real mess)
- Oster designed the 3874 with convenience and ease of use in mind; the compact design makes the waffle maker very easy to use and store without taking up unnecessary space in your kitchen
- The non-stick griddles are not removable, so you can’t put them in your dishwasher. Although this is a bit of a let-down, the good news is pretty much nothing sticks on the plates (especially if you use the PAM). You just need to wipe the plates with a damp cloth.
- Some users complain about their waffles getting stuck and split. We found this to be more of a user error than a problem with the machine as this usually occurs when the waffle maker is opened before the green light turns on (which means the waffles aren’t ready yet). As long as you pay attention to the ready light and make sure no residue is left from the waffles you made previously, this shouldn’t be a problem.
- One other thing we’re missing with this one is the lack of an audible alarm. If you have the budget for it and would like the convenience of an alarm that lets you know when your waffles are ready, you can go with another (a bit more expensive) model.
Oster 3874 Flip Non-Stick Belgian Waffle Maker provides good value for the price. It cooks evenly, makes perfect Belgian waffles every time and is very easy to use and clean. We genuinely believe that this is a good waffle maker worthy of consideration.