Proctor Silex 26070 is a surprisingly decent waffle maker that not only offers a lot of value for a low price, but also stands the test of time. This little machine has been marketed for more than 10 years now, and is still going strong with a lot of praise from users who have used it for more than 8 years. This kind of durability, combined with the ability to bake delicious and fluffy Belgian waffles in a couple of minutes without any hassle, makes Proctor Silex 26070 a very wise investment for anyone looking for a low-cost yet very effective waffle maker.
- Quick and easy waffle making
- Easy-clean nonstick plates
- Indicator lights (power and preheat)
- Compact build
- Upright storage
- Extra deep grooves
- The 26070 is very easy to use. There are no complicated controls that you need to learn. Just plug it in, wait for the preheating to complete (the green light will come on), pour in the batter, wait 5-6 minutes and voila, one fluffy, tasty waffle ready to go.
- It makes the perfect waffles; moist and tasty inside and crispy on the outside. We were quite surprised to see such an affordable waffle iron produce restaurant quality waffles.
- It’s also very easy to clean; most of the time, wiping it with a paper towel will do the job. If not, a gentle wipe with a soapy cloth will be enough to clean the waffle maker.
- One of the biggest pros of this machine is the durability! More than a few users report using this machine for more than 8 years, and it’s still going strong. We believe that at this price range, you can’t get more in terms of durability.
- Since the plates are not removable, cleaning can be a pain, especially if there is any excess batter left on them. However, even if not being able to soak the plates is an inconvenience, we still think wiping the grids clean with 2 minutes of effort is worth it, especially considering the price, durability and the taste and texture of the waffles. Plus, we didn’t find any models (at least among those we had reviewed here) at this price range that are much easier to clean. They all require the same amount of effort for proper cleaning.
- One problem with the plates is that they are not truly non-stick. If you don’t want your waffles to be stuck, it would be best to use a moderate amount of cooking oil (like PAM).
All in all, Proctor Silex 26070 Belgian Waffle Baker is a good product, and unless you’re willing to spend a lot more on a model like , it appears to be one of the best affordable models. When factoring the ever praised durability and simplicity, we think it’s hard to go wrong with this one.