Waring Pro is one of the most respected waffle iron brands on the market, and seeing and reviewing their other models , we expected a lot from Waring Pro WMK200. And although this model is quite decent in terms of making delicious 1 inch thick Belgian waffles, and offers quite a few decent features like the browning control dial, unfortunately, the durability issues reported by many users forced us to significantly decrease the final rating. We will be talking about all the good things that the WMK200 has to offer, but make sure not to pull the trigger until you read our Cons section that outlines the complaints about this product.
- 1 inch waffle grids
- Lid handle that rotates 180 degrees for flip action
- Browning control with adjustable temperature
- Power and ready indicator lights
- Drip tray and measuring cup
- Brushed stainless steel housing
- Waring PRO WMK200 makes delicious Belgian waffles. Thanks to the extra deep waffle grids, you can make 1-inch thick waffles that are consistent and delicious at each breakfast.
- The browning control knob with 6 temperature settings makes cooking the perfect waffle easy. You just set the desired heat and enjoy the ideal waffle a couple of minutes later.
- The non-stick griddles make sure that your waffles never stick on the plates, and are very easy to clean.
- The drip tray and measuring cup are nice extra touches that never hurt to have.
- Unfortunately, despite every good thing we have said or pointed out about the WMK200, it is not recommended due to the problems faced by many users. There are numerous complaints concerning the durability of this waffle maker, and although it is true that “they don’t make them like they used to” anymore, we still believe that problems caused by this unit are far beyond acceptable (at least for us). A few users stated that the top plate melts after a few uses (some even say it melted during their first use). What’s more, it is also said that the flip handle breaks after a while, exposing live wires that could be dangerous for anyone.
- With everything we said in the previous point, this won’t seem to be a very important point, but the lack of an audible alarm is also a negative point in our opinion (especially due to the amount written on the price tag!)
Although we really wanted this model to be good (as we like Waring as a waffle iron brand who generally offers very good products), unfortunately we can’t. Waring Pro WMK200 does what it’s supposed to do – which is to make nice, thick Belgian waffles – but fails when it comes to durability and longevity. We don’t expect these products to last for generations anymore, but we certainly don’t want our waffle makers to break or melt after a few uses either! If you have a little more to spend, then we would definitely recommend that has none of the complaints we have mentioned here.